Friday, August 16, 2013

Post #109: Welcome Home!

Does hamburger guy kind of look like Roger Ebert? Maybe not. 

Thankfully, my colon was pretty chill on vacation. 

It waited until I got home to freak the f-out. Hooray! 

This is just example #1596 of the complete mindfuck that is Crohn's. After a relatively stable month, where you eat out all the time, and tolerate a wide range of foods, and have no pain, suddenly: BAM! Your angry colon strolls into the joint and bellies up to the bar, orders a few shots of tequila, and TEARS THE PLACE DOWN. 

Try to limit my stress, you say? Try to stay positive?? YOU TRY STAYING CALM WHEN YOUR COLON IS UNPREDICTABLY ANGRY. Also, bite me. 

It has not been a good week. Last week was worse. 

I am so, so tired of all of this. 

I got some blood work done, to see if I can figure out why my AAC is being an AAC, but really? Those numbers won't give me much clarity. I have a doctor's appointment next week, and I doubt I'll learn anything new there either. I have been avoiding going back, first  because I was feeling better, and now because I'm feeling worse......it doesn't make sense to me, either. I don't want to see my doctor, because I don't want to hear what he has to say. I don't want to get my hopes up. I don't want to hear anything that will make me more afraid or stressed out. I don't want to hear any of the familiar platitudes, or get fed any of the familiar lines. For instance: 

If he says I'm in clinical remission.....

If he blames this on my IBS (lucky girl, I have both!).......

If he tells me to give this medicine more time........

I will probably slap his tiny doctor face. Or leave. Or, realistically, start to cry, because I am too tired and frustrated to do anything else. 

I was going to try to write a funny post about how I always read food magazines in the bathroom (true), but I don't have the energy. I had a bad colon day. 

And judging from the state of things down under, I might have a bad colon night. My AAC is on another bender, soused to the gills and looking to start a fight. 

And there is nothing I can do. Welcome home, indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment