Sunday, August 26, 2012

Post #49.2: Ticker tape machines and weird ass dreams

Ok.

So! Guess who started taking her pills? This girl!
 
They're not as cute as the pill above, but they also don't clog up my digestive business with yarn, so there's that. At some point, as I wrote about last time, taking a new drug is a leap of faith, and eventually you just have to leap, without knowing how you'll land. That part sucks.
 
This new drug makes me dizzy, kind of spacey, slightly more nauseous, and super, super tired. I don't know what's going on inside; my first blood test will be after I quadruple my dose (FUN) in a week. Sometimes I wish that my body would spit out a little ticker tape like the old-timey stock machines, a continuous loop of paper with liver enzyme readings and the like. I could hire an old-timey butler to follow me around and read the results, and occasionally he might adjust his monocle and exclaim, "Madam, your CRP is every so slightly elevated this morning. Shall I contact your physician post haste? And will you be taking your breakfast in the solarium?" to which I would reply, "If you could be so kind, Benson. And could you be sure that cook sends up WARM toast this morning? I do find cold toast so DEPRESSING." And then I would sweep away in a rustle of paper tape and flapping fabric, because in this fantasy I'm wearing a silk dressing gown over my beaded dress from the night before, and my eyes are bloodshot and rimmed with kohl. Because I am apparently a flapper.
 
Did I mention that this drug also gives me really weird, detailed, realistic dreams?

I would write more but I'm tired. I took a long nap today, and didn't do anything more taxing than reading the NYT magazine and watching a bunch of episodes of "Bar Rescue," but all I want to do is crawl back into bed. I keep feeling like if I just give in to this fatigue, eventually I'll sleep it off-like one morning I'll wake up and my body will be fully charged. Instead, it's like having half charged batteries everyday, and not being able to fully recharge. Every afternoon, I lose the charge I had from the morning, and have to sleep to get half charged again, and then the cycle continues. It's frustrating, and, um, tiring.

That's the update. I don't know if this is progress or not, but at least I took the leap of faith-at least I'm trying something to make this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment