Friday, June 15, 2012

Post #26: In my movie, I get to eat DAIRY

Does this exist?! Because it needs to exist.

I had this idea that I would make Friday's a Crohn's free zone, and post on current events or celebrity pregnancy news or the current color of my hair (it's back to brown. yeah!). But I don't get a Crohn's free day, so why should my blog? Screw you blog (just kidding blog, I love you).

Day two of the taper. I had the most normal BM I have had in like three months today. It was so normal, I kind of looked around the bathroom to see if there had been a drive by pooping from a super-regular elf, but no! I even ate out the night before.

I was going to write that memory is flexible, but I don't think that's quite true. I think that we are selective about our memories, sometimes remembering the truth, other times putting together a "best of" reel compiled from snatches of reality to suit our dreams for the future. My montage features me running through a field, with boundless energy, to a restaurant where I order a hamburger and fries and a malted chocolate milkshake. The waitress tells me that all of the bathrooms in a one mile radius are closed for repair, but I shake out my long, luscious hair (it's effortlessly curled, the "beachy" hair that you can't actually get at the beach) and laugh with abandon. It's fine! I'm regular! I CAN HOLD IT.

Anyway. The point is, it's so easy to adjust to a few goods days, and forget the weeks that came before. Before you know it, you're playing your fictitious montage and ordering that milkshake (MISTAKE). It's easy to forget the lessons you JUST learned, and eat a giant bowl of corn pasta with green beans and feel it sitting in a giant ball in your stomach. When you roll that movie, it's really hard to accept reality when it inevitably returns, or when your AAC comes out in full force.

In other news, corn pasta is my new thing-brown rice pasta is always mushy, but corn pasta holds its shape and remains al dente. Also, whereas brown rice pasta has the color (and texture, and taste) of wallpaper paste, corn pasta remains defiantly yellow even if you boil the shit out of it. I was eating pale foods for so long (breadbreadbread) that it's still novel to see and consume vibrant colors.

This was kind of a random, scattered post, but that's where I am-straddling the divide between actual memories and celluloid dreams for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment