Saturday, June 30, 2012

Post #32: My yoga pants are pretty tight....


Is there no option C??

Quick update: taper taper taper taper, super tired, taper taper taper.

Now you're all caught up.

In other news, I have lost my give-a-shit. I wear inappropriately tight yoga pants to the grocery store. I watch TV all day. I eat the same foods over and over because I'm too lazy to try new things. I don't wear makeup, even when I had what I am convinced was a small boil on the side of my face. I get irritated if I have to wear real pants. I have a somewhat relaxed attitude towards bathing (still mostly every day, it's not like I'm living in a pit of my own filth). I shaved my legs for the first time in a month yesterday, but only because I was bored.

I wouldn't call this depression. This is more like focused exhaustion. If I'm not going anywhere, and I'm tired, why should I wear real people clothes? I should save that energy for things like meal preparation and reading TMZ. I COULD moisturize, put on sunscreen, dab on coverup, set with powder.....or, I could use that energy to go to the grocery store with my giant boil shining like a beacon, and hope that my long bangs cover that mother. Again, I just don't give a shit.

And yet, I know I need to marshall up some give-a-shit, because I need to take care of my AAC. I need to make doctor's appointments and get blood work and get a bone scan and start taking my freaking vitamins and come up with a plan for when this taper is over (in about 2 weeks). There are a lot of out of town guests coming. I need to send out late birthday presents. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks. Eventually, I have to go back to work.

But I am so tired.

In the past two days, I told two people I had Crohn's, and talked about it with a relative, and they all said the same thing: aren't you lucky that there are so many good treatments out there for Crohn's? One talked about her friend's son getting infusions every few weeks. Another, who is a pharmacist, said, "well, there are so many good tools on the market." A third told me about her friend who had Crohn's and had just had a baby, and how when she finally found the right medication she "got things under control."

If my give-a-shit was in full force, I probably would have been all uppity and annoyed about their cavalier attitude toward my colon-just take a pill, all will be well! But part of me wonders if all of this medication avoidance is a futile pursuit, and if I shouldn't just take the freaking pills.

If anyone has seen my give-a-shit, let me know-I need it to make some important decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Great, i am yoga clothing provider and we provides you the most comfortable and close to nature organic yoga clothes, the best suitable for your spiritual art needs. These clothes are available in many styles and don't let you be out of fashion even though being organic.
    Hot yoga clothing

    ReplyDelete