Thursday, November 8, 2012

Post #66: How do I mail this, exactly?

I'm blogging 30 posts in 30 days for National Health Blog Post Month with @wegohealth.
 
If I got a letter from my colon, I don't think I would open it without gloves. Special delivery indeed!
 
Today's prompt: Write a letter to your health.  
 
Here goes:  
 
Dear AAC,
 
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, because I've already cried enough this week.
 
AAC, you were not the birthday present I was expecting last year.
 
You are not the birthday present I want this year.
 
In a deep secret place, I realize I can't blame my body for expressing a disease. I can be angry-I can fill pages and pages with ugly words of rage and hate, bemoaning this situation-but it's nobodies fault. That might be the most infuriating thing of all.
 
AAC, you are an easy target for my frustrations. But I hope you know that more than anything, I want to heal you. I want to let you do your job. I don't want us to spend another year struggling with the varied miseries of Crohn's.
 
I know there is no quick fix for our situation, but this year I hope we can find more balance. I promise not to flood your system with dairy products or high fiber vegetables. I promise to let you rest when you are tired. I promise to keep buying those moist bathroom wipes you like so much.
 
In return, I ask for patience as I try to find ways to give us both relief.
 
I hope we can figure all of this out, together, so that our greatest problem is when I stupidly eat way too many dark chocolate truffles during a random seasonal potluck because THEY LOOK SO GOOD. Remember the good old days?
 
Wishing you the very best this holiday season,
 
xoxo,
 
-other AAC

No comments:

Post a Comment