Sunday, May 20, 2012

Post #11: Today, Crohn's is a pain in my side

Yup, that's about right.
Ok, this is funny only if you've been to a doctor's office recently and seen the pain scale they have there. It's for kids, which makes it extra sad I guess, but they have a scale from a smiley face to basically a crying Mr. Yuck sticker. I think this adult version more thoroughly expresses the pain situation, which is kind of what I'm dealing with. I'm at a 3 now-kind of a lingering ache, like an organ hangover.

However, last night at around 2am, I was a 5/6. Whenever pain wakes you up in the middle of the night, it's never a good sign. I did go to TJ's yesterday, and I MAY have become overexcited about having things to eat that actually have flavor and MAYBE I overdid it with the avocado hummus but STILL. Nothing crazy, nothing huge. I didn't decide that things were super stable and book it to Old Country Buffet and eat my body weight in fried chicken and shitty pizza and shrimp scampi (I've never actually been to Old Country Buffet, but I'm pretty sure they have those things).

All of that night time pain translated into a super fun morning of cramping and colon explosions. My side is still pretty tender. I ate food today, so I'm kind of dreading tomorrow morning. This week was about starting the taper, and tomorrow, I add in all the shizz the asshole naturopath gave me-fish oil and multivitamins and vitamin D and iron (all approved by my actual doctor, natch). All told I think this adds 10 new pills to my regimen. I'm not sure if any of this shit will help, but now seems like as good a time as any to throw more stuff on the pile. I'm hoping I don't notice a difference, although I'm kind of worried about the fish oil pills. I'm nauseous already, and the last thing I need coming up the pipeline is rancid salmon juice. However, the bottle says these ones are "lemon flavored," so maybe they'll just taste like Lysol instead. Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment