Monday, May 21, 2012

Post #12: Insert clever title here

Because after your colon has therapy, it might need a cut and a blowout. Also, this place looks SUPER REPUTABLE.
Today was weird. I'm not working right now, and so my schedule is pretty open. I can do things around my various doctor/health related appointments, or not. I can go places, or not. Life is pretty small for me right now, as it is concentrated around my house, my bathroom, and more specifically my AAC. Sometimes when I talk to people it's like I've forgotten the normal cadences of human conversation. I find myself having these really disjointed, train of thought exchanges, and I can tell that the other person feels that the situation is off, but can't pinpoint why. My brain is just processing information more slowly, and I know that it is, but it's hard to pick up the pace mid speech. I don't know. Everything feels kind of fuzzy sometimes, like time has slowed down.

As I sit here writing this, my mind was wandering (as usual) and I realized that my stomach is gurgling and flexing. I don't think this bodes well for tonight.

Not that my AAC needs a reason to be pissed, but today I ate a metric ass load of food. I was just really hungry. This doesn't mean I wasn't feeling sick-just that the hunger overrode the nausea. People have a hard time understanding how someone can eat when they simultaneously feel queasy, or tired, or gassy, or sore. I guess it's just that when these symptoms are present all the time, it doesn't send out the normal messages to your body telling it to go into self preservation mode, to rest and eat soup and nibble on plain saltines. There's no reason to fear the fire alarm if there's a drill every hour, on the hour. You get used to the noise.

And so, today a mixture of intense hunger with interludes of nausea. And now, churning. It's a good thing I realllllllly enjoyed all of those popchips and avocado hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment